Spring Cleaning Your Skin Care Products
I hope by now you have tackled the task of cleaning out your makeup. If not, check out my tips on Spring Cleaning Your Makeup Collection. Now next part of spring cleaning is skin care products just like your makeup products and sunscreen, skin care products have an expiration date. They are usually on the package or the cardboard box it came in, but if you threw it away here are some guidelines to know which products to keep and which to throw away.
1. Throw away anything you haven’t use in a year including last year sunscreen. Expired sunscreens are dangerous because they make you more prone to get sunburns.
2. If you splurge on an expensive product don’t just use it for special occasions. The maximum a product last after it is open is 3-6 months.
3. Remember bacteria breeds in warm, moist environments so keep your lids screwed tight.
4. When you buy a new skin care product wait to open it until you finish your old one.
5. Don’t stock up a 2 year supply having an extra bottle cleanser is okay.
6. If your anti-aging cream has darkened in color throw it away. Antioxidants turn brown when they oxidate just like apples.
So take some time this weekend to throw out old skin care products your skin will be thankful.